🙂 <—– That’s me when I saw that I got this award! YAY!
Thank you so very much to Suzanne from “A Pug in the Kitchen” for nominating me for this award!!! It’s amazing and humbling to get a nod from a great blogger and an incredible chef. Seriously, folks, she is uber-talented in the kitchen department. And, she’s published! Check out her flank steak recipe on Food 52 if you’re looking for inspiration for your next meal. Also, let me take a minute here to thank Suzanne for introducing me to this wonderful site. I find myself getting lost here time and time again. 🙂
The award does come with a bit of work:
- Show appreciation of the blogger who nominated you and link back to them in your post
- Add the award logo to your blog
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 5 – 10 or so bloggers you admire
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know
- Optional questions
With #1 (yay Suzanne!) and #2 out of the way, I can move onto the next four.
- I’m a huge HUGE fan of sci-fi and shows that are kind of quirky. Doctor Who, Firefly, X-Files, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Lost, Fringe: obsessed with each and every single one.
- Growing up I read every Babysitters Club book published and actually got to meet Ann Martin in sixth grade. Meeting her then was the equivalent to a preteen meeting Justin Bieber today. Only less squealing, more awe.
- My music tastes are really eclectic with a broad range. My playlists jump easily from the Beatles to Patsy Cline to The Fugees. What won’t you find on my iPod? Jazz. Sorry, but no.
- I’m a type-A travel planner to the extreme. I type itineraries and organize every detail from the airport pickup, the available amenities at the departure terminal, all potential tourist stops and their addresses and pretty much everything in between. And this is for personal travel. My friends call it crazy. I say its practical.
- My favorite thing to make, especially this time of year, are cookies. Suzanne’s blog is currently featuring a number of tasty treats this week which makes me want to get my hands on some flour and sugar and go nuts. The challenge this year is how to make them gluten free and/or paleo (putting the flour and sugar back on the shelf)- not easy!
- Tennis is my favorite sport. TO WATCH. Goodness, me with a racket= dangerous. Currently wishing the US had a better player on the men’s side, but Novak Djokovich is my absolute fave player overall. My dream is to go to Wimbledon at least once.
- If I could live anywhere else in the world without having to worry about fussy things like money or immigration, I’d move to London. In a heartbeat. A nanosecond. London has an incredible food culture, tons of history (another personal obsession), quick travel access to all of Europe’s gems, and best of all, some of my closest friends.
Alright, enough chit chat. Here are some of the bloggers I follow and admire for all their contributions with recipes, affirmations, hard fact, and just that awesome positive energy that I love. Thank all of YOU for keeping me hungry, informed, and motivated on a daily basis!
Eva from Healthy Glow Nutrition
Ilene from Fierce Diva Guide to Life
Judy from Petit4chocolatier
Bonnie from Recipes Happen
Megan from A Better Year to a Better Life
Claudia from Dip it Black
Heidi from Banana Buzzbomb
There are so many other bloggers out there who I also love, and I’m finding more and more with each day. I wish I could spend all day reading all of these great posts! The guys I listed above are the real deal and should really get a bit of your attention. They’re each so passionate about their subjects and it’s been a trip reading their stories the past couple of months. Congrats guys!
I’m taking a page out of Suzanne’s book and laying off the optional questions here, since 7 is a nice and lucky number. Thanks again to Suzanne and to everyone out there who continues to support all of our blogs by taking the time to read what we commit to the page. Remember to keep paying that love forward. 🙂